A successful businessman, investor, and media personality from Canada, Kevin O’Leary has had a long and fruitful career. He was born in 1954 in Montreal, Quebec, and graduated from the University of Waterloo with degrees in management and environmental studies. O’Leary founded Soft Key, his own software business, which later changed its name to The Learning Company and was sold for $4 billion.
Since then, he has been a successful investor, business owner, and author, having written several works, including “Cold Hard Truth: On Business, Money & Life.” O’Leary is best known for his performances on well-liked TV programs like “Dragon’s Den” and “Shark Tank.” In addition to his successful work, he is active in a number of charitable projects that promote entrepreneurship and education. O’Leary is in high demand as a lecturer and commentator on these subjects due to his experience and knowledge in business and investing.
Basic information of Kevin O’Leary :
|Real Name:||Terence Thomas O’Leary|
|Profession:||Businessman, Investor, Author, and Television personality|
|Known For:||TV show- “Shark Tank”|
TV show- “Dragon’s Den”
The most well-known things about Kevin O’Leary are his performances on well-liked TV programs like “Shark Tank” and “Dragon’s Den.” He participates in these shows as a panelist and provides his knowledge and investment counsel to company owners looking for capital. O’Leary is renowned for his successful business career and career as an investor. He has started and sold a number of businesses over the years.
He founded the investment fund company O’Leary Funds and is the author of several books on business and money. O’Leary has participated in numerous philanthropic initiatives, especially in the fields of entrepreneurship and education. He is a frequent speaker and commentator on business and investment-related subjects.
|Debut:||Entrepreneur– Software company SoftKey|
TV show– “Dragon’s Den” in 2006
“Shark Tank” in 2009
Note on Kevin O’Leary debut:
In the business realm, Kevin O’Leary made his debut as an entrepreneur. He founded his own software company named SoftKey after graduating from the University of Waterloo with degrees in business and environmental studies. This business ultimately changed its name to The Learning Company and was sold in 1999 for $4 billion.
O’Leary’s success as an investor and businessman earned him a spot on a panel for “Dragon’s Den” in 2006, where he counselled entrepreneurs looking for financing for their ventures. Later, in 2009, he became a member of the “Shark Tank” cast and has been a frequent panelist ever since. O’Leary is a frequent speaker and commentator on business and financial issues. He has also authored several books on these subjects.
Awards, Honors and Achievements:
|Induction into the Television Hall of Fame Canada||2017|
|Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal|
(for his contributions to Canada
Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 in 2003)
|Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year||2002|
In addition to these honors, O’Leary has also been recognized for his philanthropic work. He has supported various education and entrepreneurship initiatives, including donating $1 million to the Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation to fund a new cardiac MRI machine.
|Date of Birth:||July 9, 1954|
|Age (as of 2013):||69 Years (as of March 2023)|
|Birthplace:||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Hometown:||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Currently Lives in:||Miami Beach, Florida and Toronto, Ontario|
|School:||St. George School|
|Collage / University:||Stan-stead College|
Studying history and current events
|Tattoos:||Does not have any tattoos|
Read more: John Collinson Bio, Age, stats, controversies and more
Physical Stats and more:
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (175 cm)|
|Weight||75 Kg (178 lbs)|
|Body type:||Relatively healthy physique|
Relationship and more:
Family of Kevin O’Leary:
Note on Kevin O’Leary Family:
Father: Terry O’Leary was Kevin O’Leary’s father. He immigrated from Ireland to Canada at the beginning of the 1950s. Kevin’s early interest in business and money was greatly influenced by Terry O’Leary, an accountant. Kevin has stated in interviews that his father was a strict yet encouraging figure in his life who had a big impact on his work ethic and sense of entrepreneurship. In 2008, Terry O’Leary passed away.
Mother: Georgette O’Leary was Kevin O’Leary’s mother. She immigrated to Canada in the 1950s from Lebanon. In addition to having a job as a seamstress, Georgette O’Leary was a loving mother to Kevin and his brothers. In interviews, Kevin has stated that his mother instilled in him a passion of learning as well as a respect for adversity and perseverance. Kevin’s father passed away in 2008, the same year Georgette O’Leary died.
Brother: Shane O’Leary is Kevin O’Leary’s only sibling. Due to Shane’s decision to avoid the spotlight, not much is known about him. In interviews, Kevin has stated that his sibling and he were close growing up and that their bond has remained strong.
Favorites of Kevin O’Leary:
Studying history and current events
|Car:||Rolls-Royce Phantom VIII|
|Favorite subject in School:||Environmental studies|
|Ice Cream:||Perfectly Chocolate vegan ice cream|
|Fine Wine:||Château Latour ’90|
Read more: Lil Baby Bio, Age, Awards, stats, Controversies and More
Car collection of Kevin O’Leary:
|Rolls-Royce Phantom VIII|
Books recommended by Kevin O’Leary:
|The Intelligent Investor” by Benjamin Graham|
|“The Lean Startup” by Eric Ries|
|“The Outsiders” by William N. Thorndike|
|Net Worth :||$450 Million|
|Salary:||$40 Million +|
|Monthly Income:||$3 Million +|
|Net Worth :||Year:|
Read more: Antonio Brown Net worth, Height, Age, Facts, Controversies, Stats, Family and More
Profile Links of Kevin O’Leary:
|Instagram: ( 1M Followers)||Click here|
|Twitter: (982K Followers)||Click here|
|Facebook: (439K Followers)||Click here|
|YouTube: (835K Subscribers)||Click here|
|Official Website:||Click here|
|LinkedIn: (4M Followers)||Click here|
Watch this video:
Read more: Blippi Real name, Bio, Net worth, Quotes, Facts, Controversies
Read more: Read more: Brittney Griner Bio,Net worth,Controversy,Stats,Height,Facts,Quotes,Awards,Family and more
Some lesser known facts about Kevin O’Leary:
- Prior to starting his business and investing, he was a teenager who sold ice cream.
- O’Leary earned a BA from the University of Western Ontario before attending the Royal Military College of Canada for his undergraduate studies.
- He had originally wanted to become a photographer and had even served as one for a while.
- O’Leary learned how to sew and fix his own garments from his seamstress mother.
- He has a keen interest in the arts and is known to collect contemporary art pieces.
- O’Leary has contributed to television programmes like “Shark Tank” and “Dragon’s Den,” in addition to making cameo appearances in a number of other movies and TV shows.
- He describes himself as a wine aficionado and even launched his own wine company, O’Leary Fine Wines.
- O’Leary has campaigned numerous times for political office in Canada, including a failed run for the Conservative Party of Canada’s leadership in 2017.
- He has a strong interest in investing in cutting-edge technologies and has funded businesses engaged in robotics, AI, and machine learning.
- O’Leary is known for his philanthropic work and has contributed to numerous charitable causes over the years, despite his on-screen image as a tough negotiator on “Shark Tank”.
- O’Leary is fluent in both English and French, and often conducts business in both languages.
- Over the course of his employment, he has held positions in a variety of sectors, including environmental technologies, educational publishing, and computer software.
- O’Leary is a licensed pilot and has flown his own planes for years. He even has a runway on his property in Muskoka, Canada.
- He is an avid traveler and has visited over 100 countries throughout his life.
- O’Leary has a strong interest in politics and has been known to publicly comment on political issues both in Canada and the United States.
- He is a big believer in the power of technology to drive innovation and growth, and has invested in a number of technology startups over the years.
- O’Leary is the author of numerous books on business and money, including “Family, Kids, and Money,” “The Cold Hard Truth on Business, Money & Life,” and “Cold Hard Truth on Men, Women, and Money.”
- O’Leary is known for his dry sense of humour and has been known to crack jokes and quips during his appearances on “Shark Tank,” despite his public image as a tough negotiator.
- He is an active supporter of the arts and has served on the board of several arts organizations over the years.
- O’Leary is a strong supporter for entrepreneurship and has spoken extensively about the value of promoting an entrepreneurial and innovative culture in Canada and around the globe.
Quotes of Kevin O’Leary :
- “Business is war. I go out there, I want to kill the competitors. I want to make their lives miserable. I want to steal their market share. I want them to fear me and I want everyone on my team thinking we’re going to win.”
- “Money equals freedom. If you have no money, you have no freedom.”
- “When you’re an entrepreneur, you have to be both the architect and the builder of your dreams.”
- “I’m a bottom-line guy. I’m looking for efficiency. I’m looking for value. I’m looking for profitability.”
- “You don’t have to love money, but you have to respect it.”
- “I don’t believe in wasting time on something if it’s not going to bear fruit.”
- “Innovation is the key to success in business, and a willingness to take risks is the key to innovation.”
- “I never feel that I have made it. I always feel like I’m starting over. I’m constantly pushing myself to do better, to achieve more.”
- “Good entrepreneurs never give up. They find a way to make things happen, even when the odds are against them.”
- “I don’t invest in ideas. I invest in people.”
Controversies of Kevin O’Leary :
- The boat O’Leary’s wife was operating collided with another boat in 2019, killing two persons, according to a report from 2019. The relatives of the victims sued O’Leary and his wife even though they weren’t on the boat at the time.
- O’Leary said unflattering things about the Occupy Wall Street movement in 2011, calling the demonstrators “nothing burgers” and advising them to “find a work.”
- O’Leary made headlines in 2015 when he declined to take part in a French-language debate during an election campaign, claiming he wasn’t proficient enough to do so.
- An ex-business partner sued O’Leary in 2018 on the grounds that O’Leary had inflated the company’s worth in order to acquire the partner’s stake.
- O’Leary received criticism in 2013 for his remarks regarding a Bangladeshi garment factory collapse that resulted in the deaths of over a thousand persons. O’Leary asserted that the victims’ deaths were their own fault because they were operating in a dangerous structure.
- O’Leary has drawn flak for his opinions on the subject of climate change, which some have deemed flippant and out of step with the scientific community.
- In 2019, a business that had accused O’Leary of stealing its idea for a mobile parking app and using it to start his own app filed a lawsuit against him.
- O’Leary received criticism in 2016 for his remarks about the Canadian energy sector, in which he advocated selling Canadian oil to the highest bidder, regardless of the effects on the environment.
- O’Leary has been accused of being too harsh and insensitive during his appearances on the television show “Shark Tank.”
- O’Leary faced backlash in 2020 for his remarks regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, in which he implied that the virus did not pose a major threat and that the economic costs of lock-downs outweighed the health risks.
Read more: Johnny Knoxville Net Worth,Bio,Wife,Age,Movies,Facts,Quotes,Favorite things and more 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Kevin O’Leary :
What is Kevin O’Leary known for?
Kevin O’Leary is known for his work as an entrepreneur, investor, and television personality. He is best known for his appearances on the television shows “Shark Tank” and “Dragon’s Den.”
What is Kevin O’Leary’s net worth?
As of 2023, Kevin O’Leary’s net worth is estimated to be around $450 million.
What companies has Kevin O’Leary invested in?
Kevin O’Leary has invested in a wide range of companies over the years, including Plated, Talbott Teas, and Wicked Good Cupcakes.
Is Kevin O’Leary married?
es, Kevin O’Leary is married to Linda O’Leary.
What political party does Kevin O’Leary belong to?
Over the years, Kevin O’Leary has maintained affiliations with a number of political parties, including the Canadian Conservative Party and the Canadian Libertarian Party.
What is Kevin O’Leary’s educational background?
Kevin O’Leary graduated from the University of Waterloo with a degree in environmental studies before pursuing an MBA at the University of Western Ontario.
Does Kevin O’Leary have any children?
Yes, Kevin O’Leary has two children, a son named Trevor and a daughter named Savannah.
What is Kevin O’Leary’s investing philosophy?
On “Shark Tank,” Kevin O’Leary is well known for playing the role of the “shark,” who is frequently shown to be harsh and only concerned with the bottom line. He has, nonetheless, emphasized the value of making investments in businesses with a well-defined route to profitability and a solid management team.
What is Kevin O’Leary’s background before becoming an entrepreneur and investor?
Kevin O’Leary has experience in a range of fields, including music creation, television production, and software development, prior to becoming an investor and entrepreneur. Additionally, he worked as a director for the well-known Canadian program “The Lang & O’Leary Exchange.”
What is Kevin O’Leary’s stance on climate change?
In the past, Kevin O’Leary has come under fire for his opinions on climate change, which some have characterised as hostile or even dismissive. He has, however, added that he thinks it’s critical to figure out how to switch to renewable energy sources and lower carbon emissions.
What is Kevin O’Leary’s involvement in politics?
Over the years, Kevin O’Leary has taken part in politics in a variety of capacities. He started a campaign in 2017 to lead the Conservative Party of Canada, but he eventually decided not to run. Additionally, he has made a strong case for a number of political causes, including lowering government expenditure and boosting the economy.
What are some of Kevin O’Leary’s philanthropic activities?
Over the years, Kevin O’Leary has taken part in a number of charitable endeavours, including financing medical research and promoting entrepreneurship education. He has also participated in a number of charitable groups, including the Canadian Wildlife Federation and the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation.
What is the nickname of Kevin O’Leary?
Mr. Wonderful is nickname of Kevin O’Leary.
That’s for now about Kevin O’Leary . Thanks for reading about him at our website. If you find some changes in above researched information then please don’t hesitate to reach out at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like this article, please share it and you can also suggest us about motivational persons we can cover at our website.
See you again, Thanks!!!